Friday, August 19, 2011

City girls shine in university exams



Students of Khalsa College for Women and Government College for Women (CWG) have secured top positions in the various examinations conducted by Panjab University.

Amritpal Kaur from GCW and Leena from Khalsa College secured 1st position in the university in Fine Arts MAI. Gurpreet Kaur from GCW stood second in PU with 89 percent.

According to the Khalsa college authorities, the college has bagged three positions in university Fine Arts MA I. Leena stood first in the university by scoring 92 percent marks while Harpreet Kaur secured third position with 88.7 percent marks and Rajinder Kaur clinched sixth position 88.7 percent.

Leena at her achievement said, "I am very happy because I studied hard in the examinations. I want to pursue Ph.D from Paris because Amrita Shergill is my role model and she did her Ph.D from there".

While Harpreet Kaur, who secured third position in said,” The credit goes to my teachers. Though I had expected 1st position but I am satisfied with 3rd position. My family and friends are happy on my achievement. I used to study for about 8 hours a day".

No comments:

Post a Comment