Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Stupidity of Powerpoint in Education in cambodia

I'm back from Cambodia! It's my first week back and I couldn't update my blog. OK, so I'm teaching Services Marketing, Marketing Research, and Marketing for Nanotechnology this semester. The Nano class is part of an NSF grant that I received.

Given all the technological problems in my Cambodian classroom, I stopped using powerpoint in Cambodia. Well, after 4 months of this, I forgot about powerpoint! So, I walked into my NIU class and started lecturing. What a pleasure! Why do professors need to employ a business-tool that was never created for education in their classrooms? How boring to sit and listen to screen captures! Or, did students rely on powerpoint to outsource note-taking? How many professor hide behind their desks and fill their slides with text?

No comments:

Post a Comment